– Safety –
– Club Field Rules –
1. Violation(s) of AMA or CTM safety rules, as posted, are subject to review by the CTM board, which can result in the banning of flying of the individual at the CTM field?
2. AMA membership is required as proof of insurance and FAA registration form.
3. The No Fly Zone (especially over the housing area to the SW corner) is strictly off limits
4. Prior to flight, all aircraft shall be inspected, with emphasis on the following:
a. Range Check in compliance with the manufactures recommendations
b. All Control Surface Linkage.
c. Proper Control Surface Responses.
d. Structural Integrity.
5. Pit area rules are while engine is running:
a. Must be at least 25 feet from the spectator fence.
b. Must face toward the runway.
c. Must be on line with the other models.
d. Holding device is required when glow or electric engine is running while in the pit area.
e. All aircraft must be physically constrained while taxing from the pit area to the runway.
f. Taxing in the pit area is prohibited.
6. The Safety Line is the Front Edge of the Pilot Safety Fence. All flying shall take place beyond this point. No flying over the pit area.
7. With the exception of events flown official AMA Competition Regulations, excluding takeoff and landing, no powered model may be flown outdoor closer than 25 feet to any individual, except for the pilot and the pilot's helper(s) located at the flight line.
8. After landing, models may taxi up to the front edge of the pilot’s safety fence and then the engine must then be shut off before proceeding to the pit area.
9. The main and cross-
10. All landings and take-
11. All pilots will stand in their pilot designated area, fixed wing pilots at the flight stations, Helo pilots by the Helo area and FPV pilots in the designated area. All Pilots will have a spotter.
12. There are three designated areas, one for fixed wing, one for helos and one for FPV. Helos and FPV may use the main active runway as long as they follow the pattern. Any special flying maneuvers, such as 3D by fixed wing, or special Helo flight maneuvers and those of FPV will be restricted to the three designated flying areas unless they are the only one flying.
13. All internal combustion engines must be equipped with a muffler.
14. Use of the frequency control pins will be enforced at all times for any radio still on 72 MHz. band.
15. Flight safety will be observed at all times.
16. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will NOT be allowed fly and will not be allowed within in the pit area.
17. Flight pattern must be followed and will be strictly enforced.
18. Beginners may not fly without an instructor till they solo.
19. Non flying members will act as a spotter when one or more fixed wing, or Helo or FPV, are flying, to ensure the safety of others and prevent inadvertent straying into the No Fly Zone.
CTM Form 7 dated 7 September 2016. All previous editions are obsolete.